Saturday, October 26, 2013

Quilting Scraps That Never End

Hi friend!

Ever sing - The song that never ends
You know the one - it goes on and on my friends.
And it's all because - someone started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because it's .........

Fun song until it sticks in your head for the next two days.
Oh sorry! Are you singing it now? Oops!

Well, I'm afraid I may just start singing my own version of that song.





It all started 
with a box full 
of baby blankets. 











We're talking just seven small receiving blankets - like 36" x 32".
The plan was to cut them up and make them into two quilts for my cousin Lisa.

As of now, I've completed one small quilt that is 36" x 35". I shared about it in my Whaa laaa! It's Magic! post.

Plus, I'm in the process of completing the second, larger quilt that should be about 70" x 80" when it's finished.

I'll do a Show & Tell post about that when it's finally done.

It seems that the box of leftover quilt squares and scrap pieces will never be empty. Who knew you could get so much fabric from just seven little blankies?!









Here's what I have left to play with - 
about half a box of scraps.
I swear they're multiplying! 








Sing with me -
The scraps that never end,
they go on and on my friends.
Someone started sewing them not knowing what it was,
and they'll continue quilting them forever just because it's .......

Sooooo...
I've made a little extra something to coordinate with the two quilts.

Sure hope my cousin and her daughter like it.

Thought I'd reveal it to them right here and now.
And of course that means I'm sharing it with you, too.

So cuz Lisa and sweet Kennedy......

*

*

*


SURPRISE!!

*

*

*

and Whaa laaa!


                                                                 

I hope you guys like it!  

It has one square of each front & back from all six blankets.
The corners and middle are from the solid yellow.
The flowered edging matches the backing on the small quilt I made.
The back is solid denim. 

I was just gonna have a "W" embroidered, but than decided to have Kennedy's initials put on it.

So, a few final thoughts here.....
 ~ if you'd like, I can make another pillow with just the "W"
 ~ Kennedy will now need to marry someone with his name starting with a "W"  {just kidding}
 ~ being that I still have some scraps left  - how about a Christmas tree skirt? table runner? teddy bear? ........ I guess the ideas are endless, too.


2 comments:

  1. You have been gifted with a special talent! Nice to see you are putting it to good use bringing happiness to others.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Thanks for stopping by. What are your thoughts?